top of page

Parents and Grandparents

The Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) is a unique Immigration program allowing both Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their own parents and grandparents for Canadian permanent residence.

Those wishing to sponsor their parents or grandparents under the PGP will need to sign an undertaking with IRCC. The undertaking also requires you to provide for the basic needs of your sponsored family members, including food, clothing utilities etc.

Your spouse or common-law partner can act as a co-signer on your PGP application. You can show their income to meet the minimum income cut-off. Your spouse or common-law partner must also sign an undertaking to provide financial support for your parent or grandparents.

To sponsor your parents or grandparents under the PGP, the sponsor must be residing in Canada. This means that your primary residential address must be in Canada at the time the application is submitted, until a decision is made on the application.

Apply Now - Submit a Case Assessment

bottom of page